Our clinic has weekly visits from an Audiologist from IHear Toowoomba.
IHear Toowoomba offers a variety of services such as:
- Free hearing services for Veteran Affairs and Pension card holders on behalf of the Office of Hearing Services
- Diagnostic Hearing Assessments
- Discreet Hearing Solutions
- Rehabilitation programs
- Ear protection and swim plugs
- Hearing aid repairs and batteries
- Work Cover
An audiometry exam tests your ability to hear sounds. Sounds vary, based on their loudness (intensity) and the speed of sound wave vibrations (tone). Hearing occurs when sound waves stimulate the nerves of the inner ear. The sound then travels along nerve pathways to the brain.
Typically, audiometric tests determine a patients hearing levels with the help of an audiometer, but may also measure ability to discriminate between different sound intensities, recognise pitch, or distinguish speech from background noise. Acoustic reflex and otoacoustic emissions may also be measured. Results of audiometric tests are used to diagnose hearing loss or diseases of the ear.
For more information please contact IHear Toowoomba on 4638 1277.